sabato 12 settembre 2015

Twilight-rewiew★★☆☆☆

From today, for five days, I will start to review the books of the Twilight saga, so Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn and The short second life of Bree Tanner.
The first of this saga was published in 2005 in the US and six months later in Italy. 
On the cover depicts a red apple representing the "forbidden fruit" Eden of Genesis and can then be interpreted as the forbidden love between vampire Edward and the girl Bella; the image isn't chosen at random but, indeed, in all the books has a specific meaning which I will explain.
From the first hundred pages (he has 443 in all) we note that gender is paranormal romance, a name that comes from the fantasy genre, especially the contemporary fantasy. The stories of this type are set in the real world (in this case in Forks (Washington) and generally in the present. It is characterized by the presence of supernatural beings (vampires, werewolves, etc ...) that appear at the beginning as a human normal, but are then uncovered.
The author Stephenie Morgan Meyer was born in 1973 and is an American writer; now he lives in Arizona with her husband and three children. In addition to the Twilight saga he has also written The Host of which there will be a sequel (The Seeker), already almost finished, and probably a third, The Soul.

Plot:
Isabella Swan (Bella just) decided to move from Phoenix to the rainy town of Forks, from his father Charlie to vacate his mother Renee from every weight.
In the new school she was noticed by a lot of guys, but do you think that Forks is still a boring city; until she meets Edward Cullen. During a biology class he understands that the guy is hiding something and dare different hypotheses, finally managed to guess: Edward is a vampire, but can not resist the temptation to drink his blood for the love he feels for Bella.



"You're intoxicated by my presence."

"At that point,
part with him,
it was a physical pain. "

"Your hour has come
when you knew me. "




Twilight (and all its saga) was the book of my middle-school years; in "those days" I would have given five stars without even thinking about it, because for me it was a real book revelation and history innovation. But now, of course, I do not think anymore, because growing up I also changed way of seeing things and, having read many books of all kinds, I realized that this is not all this illumination.
Despite this, however, I do not ever would remove from my library, because it is still a book that I was impressed.
The fact that they have been taken of the films (which, after seeing them try seven hundred five times each, I've made you a little 'sick) has nothing to do, because, observing them well, it is recognized that the actors (especially Kristen Steward) are perennially static. It does the fact that it was a method of sharing and friendship with my friends during the medium; when there was recreation spent ten minutes talking only of Edward and Jakob and over who was better between the two (obviously the discussion continued during lessons with the famous notes). Therefore it is also a question of memories.
What I did not like the book the last time I read it (duo or three months ago, approximately) it is the repetitiveness of the central theme of the book, the love that Bella feels for Edward. After a hundred pages of "I love you", "I would do anything for him", "I would die for him", and things like that we realized that Bella is taken from this story.
Love story, moreover, paints she as a poor idiot who must necessarily attach itself to a male figure to survive. Now, I will not make a feminist, but I seem overly stereotyped profiles; Edward in the book is that always saves, Edward is that dazzles with its beauty, Edward is the guy full of money that fascinates everyone, is that Edward contrasts between the friendship between Bella and Jakob and it is always he who is jealous . Bella is just a girl who can not do without Edward or Jakob and feels highly insecure, lost in her fear of aging.
It seems a bit too much, but do not judge those who like the genre.


laranakermit19



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento